Thursday, June 04, 2009

"Scalawag Onion" (sold)


I love shopping at neighborhood farmers markets because they often have veggies that I normally don't see in my local grocery. Although green onions are very common these were so wild, fresh, and colors intense that I thought they'd make a nice study. The roots were long and had a life of their own which inspired the title of the painting. This is mostly a palette knife painting although I did use a brush in areas were I needed to tame down the rougher palette knife strokes. 6"x12" oil on linen

4 comments:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

I love the delicate-looking roots!
Nice compositon layout too.

Jala Pfaff said...

Love this.

susan hong-sammons said...

Hello Deborah, The roots were really fun to paint.

Jala, Thanks for stopping by.

Larry said...

Awesome blog you have herre