Saturday, June 13, 2009

Student Art Works From Spring 2009

The following paintings are not mine rather the oil paintings of my students. I am so pleased with their results that I just had to post them. All paintings were done from life, not photos. We created still life set-ups in the LaGrange Art League studio. Some students haven't painted in years and decided to tap back into their creative-side, others have studied with me repeatedly. I think the results from this class were particularly stunning. I hope they all continue to explore oil painting because their discoveries and successes are simply wonderful, don't you agree


Terry
Oil
11x14












Nina
Oil
11x14













Michael
oil
11x14











Mary
Oil
9x12











Nina
Oil
11x14












Maxine
Oil
11x14













Maxine
Oil
18x24












Mary
Oil
12x9

3 comments:

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Susan, you have some very talented students and you're obviously a good teacher - impressive work!

susan hong-sammons said...

Thank you Deborah, Their hard work and dedication really paid off.

Karen said...

You should be so proud of them! (and yourself for seeing them through)