Friday, August 28, 2009

Quebec, Canada







We had a wonderful family trip exploring Quebec and the surrounding area. I most enjoyed exploring their beautiful countryside. The people were probably the warmest I've met on a trip. So much so I now want to learn French. One very new and different painting experience I had in Quebec city was when I decided to join one of their plein air events. I set up with several others in the old part of the city but saw that everyone was painting from a photo or copying a painting they had already painted. Since I don't speak a word of French I had no idea why this was happening. I was the only one painting the street scene. Anyone out there able to shed some light on this???
The above oil paintings are a sampling of some of the plein air pieces I painted and saved. They are 8x6 oil on linen mounted on 8ply museum archival board.

4 comments:

loriann signori said...

mmmmmmm, I love the quality of the loose paint.Atmosphere. Sounds like you had a good trip too. Welcome back!

Kim VanDerHoek said...

Ah, you came home with several beautiful paintings! And how daring of you to join right in on the event, that was very brave..

Janelle Goodwin said...

Your beautiful paintings make me want to visit Quebec. I've always wanted to go there! I'm especially drawn to the top painting with that old, wise tree.

susan hong-sammons said...

Hello Loriann,
Greeting Kim,
Hi Janelle,
Thank you stopping by and taking a look. I took some time to check out your blogs too. I've been away from a computer too long. You ladies have been busy! so I had a nice feast looking at all your art.